PC grants degrees three times a year: May, August, and December.
PC encourages candidates who receive their degrees in August or December to participate in the following year’s ceremony because Commencement only takes place in May. Candidates who wish to participate in the ceremony must notify the Registrar’s Office at least one month prior to commencement.
Requirements for graduation:
- A minimum 2.00 GPA, both cumulatively and in general education courses, and in the major/minor areas of study
- A minimum of 122 semester hours earned
- Successful completion of the General Education Requirements
- Successful completion of an approved major program of study
- No more than one grade of “D” in each of the required major/minor courses
- Completion of at least one-half of the requirements of the major and minor programs of study at Presbyterian College
- At least 48 semester hours must be completed at PC, including the last 24 credit hours
Anticipated graduates are candidates who meet all academic requirements within two courses (maximum 8 hours). These students take their expected place in the commencement lineup with all other candidates and walk across the stage to shake hands with the president. A symbol in the commencement program identifies them as anticipated graduates. They will receive a certificate. Candidates who wish to walk in anticipation of graduation must notify the Registrar’s Office in writing before April 1, 2023.