Presbyterian College grades on a standard 4.0 grading system. At any point in the semester, it’s easy to view your PC GPA.
If you know your Grade Point Average (GPA) and total Semester Hours so far, you can project your final GPA by using our GPA Calculator. This is a Google Docs spreadsheet that you can access as follows:
- Log in to your PC Gmail account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Click on this link: GPA Calculator
- Click on the Use this template button at the top of the page.
You can calculate your major or minor Grade Point Average (GPA) by hand as follows:
- On your Major or Minor Form, enter all grades received, and their numerical values.
- A = 4.0
- A- = 3.7
- B+ = 3.3
- B = 3.0
- B- = 2.7
- C+ = 2.3
- C = 2.0
- C- = 1.7
- D+ = 1.3
- D = 1.0
- F = 0.0
- Multiply each grade by the number of semester hours (SH) to get the Quality Points (QP) for the course.
- Or use this handy Quality Points Table. (PDF file)
- Calculate the total Semester Hours for all courses.
- Calculate the total Quality Points for all courses.
- Divide the total Quality Points by the total Semester Hours to get the GPA.
For the overall GPA, proceed similarly, but include all courses, not just major or minor courses.
- Do not include classes with grades of:
- TR (transfer credit),
- AP (Advanced Placement credit),
- Honors = A (do count)
- Pass/Fail = S (do not count)
- Do not count the grade of P.