If you know your Grade Point Average (GPA) and total Semester Hours so far, you can project your final GPA by using our GPA Calculator. This is a Google Docs spreadsheet that you can access as follows:
- Log in to your PC Gmail account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Click on this link: GPA Calculator
- Click on the Use this template button at the top of the page.
You can calculate your major or minor Grade Point Average (GPA) by hand as follows:
- On your Major or Minor Form, enter all grades received, and their numerical values.
- A = 4.0
- A- = 3.7
- B+ = 3.3
- B = 3.0
- B- = 2.7
- C+ = 2.3
- C = 2.0
- C- = 1.7
- D+ = 1.3
- D = 1.0
- F = 0.0
- Multiply each grade by the number of semester hours (SH) to get the Quality Points (QP) for the course.
- Or use this handy Quality Points Table. (PDF file)
- Calculate the total Semester Hours for all courses.
- Calculate the total Quality Points for all courses.
- Divide the total Quality Points by the total Semester Hours to get the GPA.
For the overall GPA, proceed similarly, but include all courses, not just major or minor courses.
- Do not include classes with grades of TR (transfer credit), AP (Advanced Placement credit), CR, CLEP, etc.
- Honors = A (do count)
- Pass/Fail = S (don’t count)
- Don’t count grade of P also.