Have Opportunities, Will Travel.

Have Opportunities, Will Travel.

Does the thought of studying abroad in college make you nervous?

Or would you pack your bags right now if you could?

Whichever camp you’re in, studying abroad gives you the chance to learn about the world and yourself while you prepare for your future.

Kendall McDill took full advantage of studying abroad when she was at PC: She went on three trips before graduating in May. Her experiences abroad prepared her for her next adventure: going to medical school in the Caribbean.

This fall, Kendall will begin earning her medical degree at Trinity School of Medicine in one of the most picture-perfect parts of the world.

“I knew I wanted to go to medical school, but I also wanted to spend some of my 20’s in another country,” Kendall said. “I believe there is a lot I can learn not only about medicine, but about the world and myself by studying in another country.”

Kendall studied abroad for the first time during her sophomore year. A history minor, she traveled to Scotland to complement two courses she was taking: Scottish Literature and Film and Scottish Nationalism. She was even able to research her family’s Scottish history while she was there.

That study abroad trip was just the beginning.

Kendall majored in biochemistry and chemistry and loves the ocean. So when a professor told her about a study abroad trip to the Galapagos, it was a no-brainer. She swam with sharks and learned about the island culture during spring break of her junior year.

Kendall’s last trip was just as exciting.

Kendall’s third study abroad trip was to Morocco over Christmas break before her last semester of college. For little more than a week, she learned about and immersed herself in Moroccan culture.

Kendall said that traveling became more meaningful each time she studied abroad. And, although she traveled 30,000 miles on her study abroad trips, she knew she wasn’t done traveling.

“I knew I needed to find a way to continue the adventure of travel after I graduate PC,” she said.

Kendall said she’s thankful for her study abroad experiences and for the Chemistry and Biochemistry Department preparing her for “the academic rigor medical school requires.”

She said she’s all set to go to a medical school, even though it’s more than 3,000 miles away.