Veterans Benefits

Certain armed service veterans and dependents who qualify under federal laws (administered by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs) are eligible to receive educational benefits. Obtain information about these programs by contacting the state or county veterans affairs office or PC’s Registrar.

The Yellow Ribbon Program

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs also administers the Yellow Ribbon Program. Visit the federal government’s Yellow Ribbon Program page for details.

ROTC Scholarships

High school juniors and seniors can apply for the U.S. Army ROTC Four-Year College Scholarship, which includes full tuition and fees, $1,200 annually for books, and a monthly stipend for contracted cadets. Additionally, Presbyterian College pays room and board for these scholarship recipients. Candidates must submit an admissions application by November 30. Current PC students may also apply for ROTC scholarships. Visit the Military Science Department for details, or contact CPT Michael Fritz at 864.833.8492 or

Grants from Other States

Out-of-state students should check with local state agencies to find out the availability of their grant programs.

Vocational Rehabilitation Scholarships

Individuals with physical disabilities classified as vocational handicaps may receive financial aid from state departments of vocational rehabilitation. Detailed information is available through the departments of vocational rehabilitation in the student’s home state.

Aid from Your Local Community

We encourage students to seek and apply for scholarships, loans, and work opportunities other than those available through the College, state, and federal funds. Suggested sources of aid include, but are not limited to the following: civic clubs, bank trust departments, churches, professional organizations, veterans groups, high school guidance office, family employer, foundations, and community employment.

For more information, please see the Academic Catalog.