Alumni /Doyle Hall
Doyle Infirmary was originally built in 1891 as Alumni Hall dormitory and was the first building constructed on the current Presbyterian College campus. The building was funded by contributions from the PC Alumni Association only eight years after the first graduating class.
The exterior was originally stuccoed and the building was used as a residence hall until alumnus Dr. E. Clay Doyle provided funds to convert it into an infirmary in 1942. During this renovation, the original stucco exterior was replaced by red brick, and the main entrance was moved from the side to the front of the building.
After the construction of Reynolds Infirmary in 1972, Doyle was used for overflow student housing until 1999. In 2014, Doyle was removed due to disrepair. Today a memorial to Alumni/Doyle Hall has been placed on the site adjacent to Springs Campus Center where Doyle stood for 123 years. The memorial includes an engraved stone and sitting area built using bricks from the original building.
For more information on Alumni/Doyle Hall, read more in the Blue Notes columns for January 2010 and January 2014.