Navigate / search

Smyth Hall

Smyth Hall 1948
Smyth Hall, 1948

Smyth Hall was built in 1924 at a cost of $95,000. It was funded in part Captain Ellison A. Smyth and named after his father Rev. Thomas Smyth, longtime minister at Second Presbyterian Church in Charleston.  This brick dormitory has undergone several major renovations over the years, including those completed in 1955, 1964, and in recent years.