Plan for Fall 2021
As you know, COVID-19 is still with us, and there will still be some important guidelines all of us will be expected to follow related to COVID-19.
PC currently strongly recommends that everyone on campus be vaccinated and will require the vaccine once the FDA gives full approval. In the meantime, we encourage all who are unvaccinated to get the vaccine in order to provide a community of safety for all of us so that we can move to as close to a normal. year as possible.
Please see below for important information about returning to campus for Fall 2021. Some plans may change as CDC and SC DHEC guidance is updated. We will keep you apprised of any changes.
All undergraduate and graduate students enrolled for the Fall 2021 Academic Term must complete one of the following actions prior to August 20 and before moving into a residence hall. Commuting students must complete one of the following actions before August 23rd:
- Vaccinated students and those in progress of vacination must provide verification of vaccine to firstname.lastname@example.org by attaching supporting documentation (via a scan, picture, or copy of your vaccination card, or a note from a medical professional attesting to your vaccination).
- If you are in the process of completing a two-dose vaccine, send documentation that you have started the process at this time.
- If you have not had the chance to get one of the COVID-19 vaccines, there will be an opportunity to on Monday of Welcome Week when Self Regional Hospital will host a clinic in PC’s Springs Student Center. Other vaccination opportunities can be found at COVID-19 Vaccine Opportunities.
- Unvaccinated students must either:
- Submit a medical waiver in the form of a letter from their physician and provide that information to email@example.com.
- Request an exemption based on sincerely-held religious beliefs. Complete the Religious Immunization Waiver form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Request an exemption based on strong personal objections. Complete the Strong Personal Objection form and return it to email@example.com.
- If you have been vaccinated, provide documentation to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org (via a scan, picture, or copy of your vaccination card, or a note from a medical professional attesting to your vaccination).
- If you have questions, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com.
By getting vaccinated now, and sharing proof of your vaccination with us, you can – and will – make the difference in helping PC provide the campus environment we all want.
If you have questions, please contact Campus Life at firstname.lastname@example.org or Human Resources.
Take Steps to Prevent Illness
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends protecting yourself by cleaning your hands often and avoiding close contact with people who are sick.
You can protect others by:
- Completing a daily screening using the LiveSafe app.
- Staying home if you’re sick
- Covering coughs and sneezes
- Wearing a facemask in public settings
- Practicing social distancing (stay at least 6 feet from other people)
- Cleaning and disinfecting
Please visit the CDC’s page on Steps to Prevent Illness for more information.
Check out all of our #ProtectPC pages for other ways you can help keep the PC community healthy as a caring member of our college.
Ask a Question
Please complete this form if you have any questions about returning to campus.
Call the COVID Helpline at 864-872-0999 if you have COVID symptoms or receive a positive COVID test result.
Procedures for Positive Cases
- A student who tests positive for COVID-19 should call the PC COVID-19 Help Line at 864-872-0999. A Campus Life staff member will help the student make arrangements to go home. The student must be isolated at home for at least 10 days.
- Campus Life notifies the student’s professors, the Academic Success Center, and other offices so they can reach out to the student to help them stay connected during that time.
- Students in close contact (suitemates, teammates, and close friends generally) with the student with COVID who are unvaccinated must quarantine for 7-10 days as well. Campus Life will work with those students in going home to quarantine. On the other hand, students who are fully vaccinated for COVID and have no COVID symptoms will not be required to quarantine or miss out on campus activities.
The health and safety of each of our students, faculty, and staff are paramount. Working together this past academic year allowed our students to remain on campus and to be successful. It will take ALL of us working together so that each of us may enjoy a fun and successful year at PC!