Presbyterian College Campus Room Contest is open to all students living in on-campus residence halls, townhouses and apartment style facilities. We are looking for the most creative rooms on campus! Does your room show Blue Hose pride? Does your room express who you are? Are you using your space creatively? We want to know!
- Two Grand Prize room winner(s)* will receive:
- $25 worth of gifts from the Scotsman Corner,
*If you are sharing a room with a roommate and win you each will receive gifts from the Scotsman Corner that will be valued at $25.
Official Rules and Details
- Like and/or Follow @PresbyterianCollege on Facebook, Instagram, and @PresbyCollege on Twitter.
- Submit up to 3 of your best room photo(s) to email@example.com or directly through the Facebook messenger to @PresbyterianCollege. Submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, September 1, 2019. Photo submissions become the property of Presbyterian College Office of Marketing & Communications upon receipt.
- Include your full name, roommate’s name (if applicable), and residence hall/room # (this information will not be shared/publicized)
- All approved submissions will be notified by email on Monday, September 2, 2019, and their photos will be uploaded to a photo album on the @PresbyterianCollege Facebook page.
- Photos will be voted on via the number of “Likes” until Sunday, September 8, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. If there is a tie, a run-off will be held on Monday, September 9, 2019, with the Grand Prize Winner, announced on Tuesday, September 10, 2019.
- The Grand Prize Winning Room will be announced on Monday, September 9, 2019. Arrangements will be made to have an official photo/video taken of the winning room.
- You must be a current Presbyterian College student living in the residence halls to enter the contest.
- Only one entry per bedroom. Individual bedrooms in suites and apartments are treated as separate. Common areas (kitchen/living area) will not be judged. Roommates need to enter together and are considered one entry.
- Late entries will not be accepted. Limit one entry per person for every one bedroom.
- Rooms will be judged based on creativity, use of color, use of space, school spirit, theme, organization, and overall design.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate or that depict policy violations will be disqualified. The use of obscene or offensive materials or pornography within the photos will result in disqualification.
- All entries must comply with the College’s Code of Conduct and policies. If policies are violated, disqualification and disciplinary action will be taken.
- By entering this contest, you give Presbyterian College permission to use your photos for promotional purposes.
- By entering the contest, participants agree to the use of the submitted photographs and name to be used by Presbyterian College in electronic and print publications.
- Participants give permission for any images taken during this process to be used indefinitely on Presbyterian College’s website, social media accounts, and in marketing materials for the purpose of providing visual examples of residence halls.
- Upon submission, participants indicate that they understand that images posted online may be viewed by anyone. Presbyterian College will not reveal the full names of the room owners or room numbers in order to protect the privacy of our students.
- Grand prize winner must respond to the winning notification email within one week to receive instructions on claiming their prize.
- Unclaimed prizes will be forfeited after 30 days from initial notification.
- To win, you must be currently enrolled as a student living on campus.
- Winners must consent to professional room photography and videography on the Presbyterian College website, social media, and marketing materials. Failure to comply will result in the forfeiting of the associated prize.
- Winners must be prepared to schedule a room photo shoot with photographers during the week of September 16-20, 2019. Should the above guidelines not be met, Presbyterian College has the right to disqualify an entry and choose an alternate winner.