From Grateful Student to Loyal Alumnus

From Grateful Student to Loyal Alumnus

Andrew Folk Giving Stories

Andrew Folks has made a gift to his alma mater every year since 1999, the year he graduated.

“Helping PC as I am able makes me very happy,” Folks said.

“I give because PC is a private college reliant on tuition and donations, and I want it to be financially healthy. I give in appreciation for the donors who gave for years before I was ever a student at PC. I enjoyed a tremendous college experience thanks to them, and it is my turn to pay it forward.”

Supporting the College financially isn’t the only way Folks gives back to PC. He has referred high school students and looks for ways to share the brand.

“I’ve bought PC tee shirts for kids because I like to, but also because I knew they would wear them in front of their friends,” Folks said.

He keeps a PC lapel pin in his car to slip on before events and wears season appropriate PC shirts whenever possible. Folks’ personal email signature includes “GO BLUE HOSE!!” right under his name.

“I try to do those little things consistently,” Folks said, “and I hope it is beneficial to the College.”

Folks also alerts the College when he sees a PC alumnus or alumna doing something notable.

“If you read any kind of local news, follow regional sports, or participate in church or community activities somewhere in the southeastern United States, you are going to come across a PC alumnus or alumna excelling,” said Folks. “Their achievements are part of the PC story, and I am happy to pass them along to the Office of Advancement at the College for further action. It is another fast, effective way to support PC.”

Want to get more involved like Andrew? Visit our alumni page at presby.edu/alumni or contact Leni Patterson ‘83 in Alumni Relations at lpatterson@presby.edu or 864.833.8284.