Dave ’92 and Dacia Fields

Dave ’92 and Dacia Fields

David Fields ’92 owns one of the 100 largest breweries in the country, Wormtown Brewery, located near Boston, Mass.

Before leading Wormtown, Fields played catcher on the Blue Hose baseball team from 1988 to 1992. Fields’ recent significant gift provided for the new lights at the PC baseball field.

Giving to PC was an easy decision, according to Fields.

“PC and the baseball program mean a great deal to me,” he said. “There’s no doubt in my mind that I would not be in the position to give today if each one of those components weren’t a substantial part of my life.”

Fields also says he gave to support Head Coach Elton Pollock ’95, a teammate on the baseball team.

“Being inducted into the WPJ Society is very humbling,” Fields said.

“I’m proud of the people who have influenced me, from my parents to Coach Tim Corbin and all of the people I met at Presbyterian who helped me get to the position that I’m able to be inducted into the WPJ Society. And especially my wife, Dacia, and son, JD, who support efforts like this.”

After majoring in business administration and minoring in physical education, Fields went on to earn a master’s in sports administration from Ohio University. He returned home to Massachusetts to work for the Worcester IceCats, the St. Louis Blues’ minor league hockey team. Coincidentally, David’s father’s company was one of the hockey team’s biggest customers. “That just kind of brought me back into the beer business,” he said.

Fields worked for the hockey team for three years before buying his father’s beer distribution business in 2005. He sold it a few years later. In 2011, Fields bought into a startup craft brewery called Wormtown, located in Worcester.

Wormtown has a brewery located in Patriot Place beside Gillette Stadium, home of the New England Patriots.