Steve ’73 and Libby Crowe

Steve ’73 and Libby Crowe

Steve Crowe ’73 was a star on the hardwood. As a member and four-year starter of the Blue Hose basketball team from 1969-73, he became one of only two players in program history to score more than 1,000 points and pull down 1,000 rebounds in a career. He still holds PC records for rebounds in a single game (31) and a season (376).

But Crowe’s greatest success has been as a businessman, husband, father, and alumnus.

He joined the local Swagelok Valve and Fitting distributorship in 1975 as a salesman and ended up purchasing the business in 1986. After twenty years of successful ownership, he eventually sold the business in 2006 and joined the corporate Swagelok team by becoming the president of the Swagelok Capital Projects Company of Solon, Ohio until he retired in 2016. Even before he retired in 2016, Crowe was hard at work developing other business ventures, including ownership of Foothills Motorsports in Piedmont.

Crowe also is involved in his community and church. He has worked with local YMCAs and the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and has served as a deacon at Mt. Airy Baptist Church.

Steve and Libby Crowe were married in 1976 and together reared two children – Heather Crowe O’Shields and son, Eric. The Crowes have five grandchildren – Ava, Claire Grace, Amelia, Ryder,  and Milly Kate.

Crowe continues to star for his beloved Blue Hose as a loyal supporter of its athletics programs and a generous benefactor to his alma mater.

“PC opened a lot of doors for me and my career,” he said. “I’m very fortunate to be successful and I have a great appreciation for what a liberal arts education has done for me. I wouldn’t trade anything for it.”