Whitney Harrison ’07

Whitney Harrison ’07

“One of our greatest tests in life is how we care for one another,” Whitney Harrison ’07 said.

“PC prepared me for that test by showing me how to live life with purpose, passion, service, and true friendship. I give to PC because of the person our college inspired and enabled me to be, and because I want future generations to receive the same lessons and experiences.”

“It’s an honor to be inducted into the WPJ Society and to join a long line of generous and thoughtful donors, who passionately care for PC,” Harrison said.

“William Plumer Jacobs founded our College to educate all people—regardless of station. He appreciated the impact that an education centered  on service and community could have on a lifetime.”

“I very much see the members of this Society as the stewards of Jacob’s vision— dedicated to fulfilling these aims. I’m grateful to be a part of these efforts and to stand with this group.”

In 2020, Harrison gave a generous gift to help fund the renovation of Belk Auditorium. The stage, where she received PC’s American Legion Award and now speaks annually to Palmetto Girls State with the Honorable Aphrodite K. Konduros, is named in her honor.

Last year, Harrison was named the 2020 Outstanding Young Alumna. The honor is presented to an alumna under 40 years of age, as the award year begins, who shows early competence within the chosen field of endeavor and exceptional promise of future achievement.