Volleyball graduate leads, serves during her time as a Blue Hose

Trinity Williams ‘21, of Anderson, S.C., was destined to succeed as a student-athlete at PC. She comes from a family of student-athletes.

Her father, Dr. Cory Williams, played basketball at Southern Wesleyan University, while her mother, Andrea, played volleyball and basketball at SWU. Trinity’s sister LaChrista played volleyball at Claflin University, and her sister Cortney played basketball at North Greenville University and Savannah State University.

When it was her time to choose a college, Trinity chose PC for a number of reasons. For starters, she fell in love with the family atmosphere at PC, and many PC graduates told her about the career opportunities that would be available to her after she graduated. Clinton provided a small-town feel that made her feel at home, and she felt like a part of the Blue Hose volleyball team from the beginning.

“I chose PC because I got along well with the team and the coach,” Trinity said.

Trinity was drawn to PC’s academics too.

“I knew Presbyterian College was the right choice after meeting a few professors within the political science department, such as Dr. McAdams and Dr. Lance, on my tour,” she said.

“Their passion for poli-sci really got me excited about joining the department as a student at PC.”

Trinity went on to major in political science and minor in English and pre-law studies.

She excelled inside the classroom and capitalized on opportunities outside the classroom. Trinity interned with the Greenville, S.C., chapter of the NAACP during the summer of 2020. The experience inspired her to begin a student chapter at PC.

“After working as a research intern, I fell in love with their advocacy and call for change,” she said.

“I believed PC needed a chapter on campus to help unify the campus in its call for advocacy.”

For all of her efforts and achievements as an undergraduate, Trinity was nominated for the 2021 NCAA Woman of the Year Award. The award “recognizes graduating female college athletes who have exhausted their NCAA eligibility and distinguished themselves in academics, athletics, service and leadership throughout their collegiate careers,” according to the NCAA.

Trinity says the people she met at PC made her time as a Blue Hose special.

“I made so many great friends and met so many great people while at PC,” Trinity said.

“I especially loved my professors, whether they were from the English department, political science department, history department, or biology department.

“What is great about PC is that they have professors who really want you to succeed in anything you do.”

Trinity received the Bonnie Blue Scholarship as a student and has already begun giving back to PC. She made her first gift to her alma mater during the senior giving campaign this past spring.

“I wanted to give back because PC has given me so much,” Trinity said. “I’m grateful for the lessons I’ve learned and the people I’ve met while at PC.

“I have developed many skills while being a student at PC, but the biggest lesson PC has taught me is to be relentless in my passion for serving others.”