What is the purpose of Giving Tuesday?
Tuesday is a global generosity movement to celebrate communities and empower people. This year, Giving Tuesday will focus on important student-centered initiatives at PC. While this does not replace our annual giving day (to be held in May 2022), we hope that you will join us on Giving Tuesday by making an end of year gift, and know that your gift, no matter the size, will have a big impact.
This year, we are thrilled to use the Give Campus platform to track the campaign in real time! To participate as a Giving Tuesday Advocate, you will need to create a Give Campus account (don’t worry, it’s easy, just follow the steps below)!
Forever Blue (Bridging Life's Unexpected Emergencies) Fund:
Each semester, many Presbyterian College students in good academic standing encounter unforeseen financial emergencies that create barriers on their paths to graduation. This is particularly true for low-income and first-generation students. The Forever BLUE Fund provides financial assistance to students who have demonstrated persistence and are on track for graduation, but due to financial emergency, may otherwise be at risk for withdrawing.
Initiated in 2020 with generous gifts from Brad ’75 and Kay Cook ’76 Bryant, and their daughter Katherine Bryant ’07, the Forever BLUE Fund is one way to ensure that PC Students have a choice to remain enrolled at PC.
“The Forever BLUE Fund offers every donor, regardless of the size of their gift, the ability to help change the life of a Blue Hose. Together, our collective giving retains deserving students. To understand the power of your gift, think about one of your classmates who never walked down the Plaza because life interrupted. As a fellow student, what would you have given if you could have helped them stay in school?” – Brad Bryant
GRACE began as a pilot program in 2019 in response to the growing number of economically disadvantaged first-generation, minority, and underserved students at PC. Standing for Giving Resources & Achieving Community Equity, the GRACE Fund is an emergency response initiative for students facing acute financial insecurity. A board of representatives, including faculty members and staff members across campus, govern the fund. Faculty and staff members refer students who seem to have unmet needs. The referral process allows students to elaborate on their current financial situations and provide administrators with enough information to estimate the level of assistance each student is eligible to receive. Many PC alumni themselves have successfully escaped generational poverty by pursuing post-secondary education. The amount of aid distributed in the fall semester of 2021 was more than double the amount for the entire 2019-2020 academic year. The GRACE Fund is an essential ministry that allows PC to be a home for all students.
Become a Social Media Advocate
Why are Advocates important to Giving Tuesday?
We know that we are stronger and better together – and when our fellow Blue Hose share news and inspiring stories with their personal networks – we know we will be successful in reaching our goals!
Creating Your Give Campus Account:
- Create your Give Campus profile by clicking here (we recommend “Signing Up with Facebook): https://www.givecampus.com/
- Once you create your profile, search for “Presbyterian College” in the search bar.
- Click on “Presbyterian College” and navigate to the “Giving Tue PC” Campaign (NOTE: the campaign will not be available until November 29, 2021). This is where the magic happens, you’ve made it to the right place!
Finding your Personalized Advocacy Link & Making a Gift on Give Campus:
- Once you are in the Giving Tue PC Campaign on Giving Tuesday, you can generate your personal giving link to track how many people give using your link (as an Advocate, if 3 people give using your link you can earn the PC 2021 Christmas Ornament)!
- To find your link, navigate to the campaign dashboard. On the top right of the screen (next to the campaign video) you will see four buttons:
- Give Now: Click here to make your Giving Tuesday gift! As an Advocate, it is always good to make your gift before asking someone else to make a gift.
- Click the “Copy to Share” button to copy your unique link and paste it into a social media post or to text/email it to friends and family.
- Click the Facebook Share button to share to Facebook.
- Click the Tweet Share button to share to Twitter.
Tips & Tricks:
- Use the official Giving Tuesday Day hashtags #GiveTuePC and #BlueHoseGive in all of your posts.
- Share the link to the Giving Tuesday Website
- The easiest way to show your support (and fastest!) is to like, comment, and share posts from our official PC social media accounts. Make sure you are following them today!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a good story! Sharing your personal PC story about why PC matters to you is an extremely effective way to communicate and connect with others.
- Take a selfie video and share it on social media! “Hey, Blue Hose! My name is ________ !Today is Giving Tuesday and we need your help to reach our goal! I am giving to ________ because ________. Any amount counts – it’s participation that makes us successful!
- Use emojis to add a fun flair to your post. Our favorites are: