Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement to celebrate communities and empower people. This year, Giving Tuesday will focus on the JEDI (Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion) Program. While this does not replace our annual giving day (to be held in May 2023), we hope that you will join us on Giving Tuesday by making an end of year gift, and know that your gift, no matter the size, will have a big impact.
What is the purpose of Giving Tuesday?
JEDI: Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Presbyterian College is a diverse community that encourages us all to broaden our horizons and realize the inherent dignity and worth of every individual. This is not lip service for us. This is who we are as adherents to tenets of the Presbyterian beliefs of justice, hospitality, grace, pluralism, and service. We will build and sustain a best-in-class Justice, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion division that drives positive enrollment, retention, graduation, career placement, and hiring across all our initiatives, programs, curricula, and policies.
- Counseling and Health
- Accessible Education
- The Presby First+ Program
- The Jacobs Scholars Program
We are thrilled to use the Give Campus platform to track the campaign in real time! To participate as a Giving Tuesday Advocate, you will need to create a Give Campus account (don’t worry, it’s easy, just follow the steps below)!
Become a Social Media Advocate
Why are Advocates important to Giving Tuesday?
We know that we are stronger and better together – and when our fellow Blue Hose share news and inspiring stories with their personal networks – we know we will be successful in reaching our goals!
Creating Your Give Campus Account:
- Create your Give Campus profile by clicking here (we recommend “Signing Up with Facebook): https://www.givecampus.com/sign_up
- Once you create your profile, search for “Presbyterian College” in the search bar.
- Click on “Presbyterian College” and navigate to the “PC Giving Tuesday 2022” Campaign (NOTE: the campaign will not be available until November 29, 2022). This is where the magic happens, you’ve made it to the right place!
Finding your Personalized Advocacy Link & Making a Gift on Give Campus:
- Once you are in the PC Giving Tuesday 2022 Campaign on Giving Tuesday, you can generate your personal giving link to track how many people give using your link!
- To find your link, navigate to the campaign dashboard. On the top right of the screen (next to the campaign video) you will see four buttons:
- Give Now: Click here to make your Giving Tuesday gift! As an Advocate, it is always good to make your gift before asking someone else to make a gift.
- Click the “Copy to Share” button to copy your unique link and paste it into a social media post or to text/email it to friends and family.
- Click the Facebook Share button to share to Facebook.
- Click the Tweet Share button to share to Twitter.
Tips & Tricks:
- Use the official Giving Tuesday Day hashtags #GiveTuePC and #BlueHoseGive in all of your posts.
- Share the link to the Giving Tuesday Website
- The easiest way to show your support (and fastest!) is to like, comment, and share posts from our official PC social media accounts. Make sure you are following them today!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a good story! Sharing your personal PC story about why PC matters to you is an extremely effective way to communicate and connect with others.
- Take a selfie video and share it on social media! “Hey, Blue Hose! My name is ________ !Today is Giving Tuesday and we need your help to reach our goal! I am giving to ________ because ________. Any amount counts – it’s participation that makes us successful!
- Use emojis to add a fun flair to your post. Our favorites are: