PC Alumni Board of Directors
Harold “BoBo” Beasley ’78, Atlanta, Ga.
Brad Spearman ’85, Clarkesville, Ga.
Dr. Kathryn O. Hix, ’00, Greer, S.C.
Emily Grigg ’03, Spartanburg, S.C.
ALUMNI REPRESENTATIVES TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Brad Spearman ’85, Clarkesville, Ga.
Brittany Flowe Reese ’07, Greenville, S.C.
ROTC ALUMNI COUNCIL CHAIR
COL (Ret.) Jack Zeigler ’79, Fayetteville, N.C.
EX OFFICIO MEMBER, EXEC. DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI RELATIONS
Leni Patterson ’83, Clinton, S.C.
Members of ROTC Alumni Council
Major J. Bradley DeLoach ’04, Vass, N.C.
COL John T. Gentry ’91, Athens, Ga.
Mr. John N. Glover ’67, Newberry, S.C.
LTC (Ret.) Randy Grant ’68, Columbia, S.C.
COL (Ret.) Art Maxwell ’73, Camden, S.C.
BG (Ret.) Joe Nixon ’62, Clinton, S.C.
BG Rick Porter USA (Ret) ’79, Fayetteville, N.C.
COL (Ret.) David Shaddrix ’78, Springfield, Va.
COL (Ret.) Jack Zeigler ’79, Fayetteville, N.C.
Alumni Board Members
Jonathan W. Baggett ’99, Columbia, S. C.
Brian M. Barnwell ’06, Eastover, S.C.
Harold M. Beasley ’78, Atlanta, Ga.
Lindsay N. Bickerstaff III ’90, Greenville, S.C.
Dr. Heather Anne Boger ’01, Charleston, S.C.
Karlie S. Cain ’14, Chapel Hill, N. C.
Danny L. Charles ’65, Spartanburg, S.C.
Robert Thomas Coleman IV ’11, Greenville, S.C.
James Albert Cox, Jr. ’79, Gastonia, N.C.
Adam A. Cresswell ’00, Lexington, S.C.
Harry M. Croxton ’89, Atlanta, Ga.
Vaughan R. Dozier, Jr. ’03, Lexington, S.C.
William R. Free, Jr. ’69, Bamberg, S.C.
Emily Margaret Grigg ’03, Spartanburg, S.C.
Dr. Daniel P. Hartley II ’69, Mt. Pleasant, S.C.
Mary Frances Hartman ’99, Greenville, S. C.
Shannon M. Herman ’02, Greenville, S. C.
Dr. Kathryn O. Hix ’00, Greer, S.C.
Sarah Nichols Hughes ’98, Columbia, S.C.
Jessica Leigh Jetton ’99, Atlanta, Ga.
Ashby L. Jones, ’95 Lexington, S.C.
BG(Ret.) H. G. Kirven, Jr. ’69 Simpsonville SC
R. Laine Ligon, Sr. ’70, Columbia, S.C.
T. Lewis Masters, Jr. ’84, Greenwood, S.C.
Cody T. Mitchell ’08, Bethune, S.C.
James T. Morton ’76, Lancaster, S.C.
W. Weston Nunn ’07, Florence, S.C.
Mr. Jackie Pearson ’00, Lithonia, Ga.
BG Ernest Eric Porter, USA (Ret.) ’78, Fayetteville, N.C.
Comer Henry “Randy” Randall ’75, Clinton, S. C.
Jeremy Blake Ransom ’98, Athens, Ga.
Brittany F. Reese ’07, Greenville, S.C.
Emily Norvell Skinner ’07, Charlotte, N.C.
Allan Bradshaw Spearman ’85, Clarkesville, Ga.
Amy B. Tinsley ’08, Greenville, S. C.
James Conway Todd IV ’09, Laurens, S.C.
Chuck George Toney ’85, Watkinsville, Ga.
C. Douglas Warner ’87, Charleston, S.C.
Amy W. Warner ’86, Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Joseph Robert Wideman ’13, Columbia, S.C.
Ashley Williams ’95, Marietta, Ga.
Stephen R. Woods ’90, Greenville, S.C.
COL (Ret.) Jack C. Zeigler, Jr. USA, ’79, Fayetteville, N.C.
Alumni interested in serving on the Alumni Board or being involved with alumni activities, please contact Leni Patterson, ’83, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 864-833-8284.
The name of this organization shall be: The Presbyterian College Alumni Association.
The purposes of the Alumni Association shall be:
- To perpetuate friendships and strengthen the bonds among the alumni and between alumni and the college
- To support and promote the mission of Presbyterian College.
- To support the recruitment and retention of students at PC.
- To support enhancement of financial resources beneficial to the College’s sustainability and growth, including supporting and assisting with fundraising efforts and recruitment of new student
- To promote engagement of alumni through a variety of activities including continuing education, reunion, and on-campus and regional events.
- To support alumni career mentoring, internships, and placement opportunities.
The membership shall consist of:
- Holders of any degree from Presbyterian College.
- Those individuals who pursued courses leading to regular degrees, attending at least two academic years or the equivalent.
- Those individuals who attended less than two years and indicate a genuine interest in being affiliated.
- In rare, special cases and upon action of the Board of Directors, persons of long-established loyalty and devotion to PC.
There shall be no dues required for active membership. All alumni as defined shall be considered members in good standing of the PC Alumni Association.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
General Power and Numbers: The business and affairs of the Association shall be managed by a Board of Directors comprising no fewer than thirty and no more than forty-five alumni members elected by majority vote by the Board of Directors. At least one member will be an alumnus/na of the School of Pharmacy. In addition, the Board shall include such other non-voting members as may be provided for in these Bylaws.
The Board shall have the power to make rules governing the members of the Association and shall be responsible for its operation, programs, and services.
Organization: The organization of the board shall consist of the following:
- National Officers: the President of the Alumni Association, President-Elect, Past President, Recording Secretary, and the Executive Director of Alumni Relations (ex-officio).
The Executive Director of Alumni Relations, national officers are to be nominated by the Executive Committee, serve as nominating committee, and be confirmed by the Board of Directors.
- Directors: as many as needed to satisfy the minimum number required by these bylaws. Directors are elected by majority vote by the Board of Directors. Attempt should be made to have the Board representative of overall Alumni Association in regards to age, gender, diversity, and geography.
Election of Directors
- Directors of the Alumni Association shall be elected by the Board each year to fill vacancies. The current Executive Committee shall serve as a nominating committee to present a slate of candidates for election. Elections for Directors will be held at the fall board meeting.
- Unless otherwise specified at the time of election, each elected Director shall serve a three-year term of office, beginning at the date of Homecoming during the year in which he/she is elected.
- The terms of office of elected Directors shall be staggered so that approximately one-third rotate off the board each year.
Election of Officers
- The current Executive Committee shall serve as a nominating committee to present a slate of candidates for election. Officers of the Alumni Association shall be confirmed by the Alumni Board.
- The President, President-Elect, and Recording Secretary are to be elected in even numbered years and serve a two-year term commencing at the date of Homecoming held following the board meeting during which elections were held. They shall continue in office until their successors are elected and qualified.
- The President-Elect shall automatically move up to President after two years, and following a two-year term as President will become Past President.
- The Secretary shall serve no more than two consecutive terms.
- During the intervals between board meetings, an executive committee is empowered to transact business for the Association. This committee is comprised of the national officers and two other members appointed by the president to serve on the executive committee. The Executive Director of Alumni Relations shall serve as an ex-officio as designated in Section I, with actions subject to review by the Board of Directors.
- Specific Responsibilities of the Executive Committee include:
- Develop the slate of nominees, in consultation with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, for the Alumni Representative to the Board of Trustees for election by the PCAA.
- Develop the slate of nominees for the Elected Officers of the Board of Directors for election by the PCAA.
- Develop the slate of nominees for At-Large Members of the Board Directors of the PCAA for election by the Board of Directors.
- To establish, in consultation with the Executive Director of Alumni Relations, any ad hoc committee deemed necessary to conduct business on behalf of the PCAA.
- Establish the criteria and procedures for the selection of alumni recipients for the awards laid out in Article VIII of these bylaws and present the slate of alumni recipients for election by the Board of Directors.
- In the event of the permanent loss of the President, the President-Elect immediately shall assume that office for the remainder of the unexpired term.
- In the event of the permanent loss of the President-Elect, the Board at its next official meeting shall elect a successor who immediately shall assume that office for the remainder of the unexpired term and who shall succeed to the office of President at the end of that term.
- In the event of the permanent loss of the Secretary, the Board at its next official meeting shall elect a successor who immediately shall assume that office for the remainder of the unexpired term.
- Nominations of candidates to fill unexpired terms of officers shall be made by the Board in accordance with these Bylaws.
Duties of Officers
- President: The President shall perform and carry out decisions of the Board; shall serve as chief executive officer of the Association; serve as chair of the Executive Committee; and shall preside at all meetings of the Association and of the Board.
- President-Elect: The President-Elect shall perform the duties of the President in the event of the temporary absence of the President or as directed by the Board. The President- Elect shall serve on the Executive Committee and perform such other duties as directed by the President, and the Board.
- Recording Secretary: The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings of the Board of Directors and of all other matters of which a record shall be deemed advisable by the Board. The Secretary shall keep a roll of the members and shall issue notices of all meetings of the Board. The Secretary shall perform the duties of the President in the temporary absence of the President, and the President-Elect, or as directed by the Board. The Secretary shall also serve on the Executive Committee.
- Past-President: The Past-President shall serve as an advisor and mentor to the other officers and shall serve on the Executive Committee.
ALUMNI REPRESENTATIVES TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
Two alumni representatives to the Board of Trustees shall be elected by the Alumni Association.
- The term of office shall be for two years.
- The current Executive Committee, serving as a nominating committee, shall place names in nomination for the Representative to the Board of Trustees. The nominee will be confirmed by the Board of Directors.
Section III No alumni-elected trustee may serve more than two consecutive terms.
ROTC ALUMNI COMMITTEE
The Board will establish and support a ROTC Alumni Committee that will provide leadership and support for the ROTC Highlander battalion; conduct the ROTC Hall of Fame selection in concert with the PC ROTC department and with the PC Office of Alumni Relations. At least two members of the ROTC Alumni Committee will hold seats on the Alumni Association Board of Directors.
Board of Directors: The Board of Directors of the Alumni Association shall meet at least twice annually on the campus. One of these meetings shall be in the fall to elect new members and officers, receive updates, reports and other information, and approve Alumni Award recipients. There will also be a meeting in the Spring to fill any vacancies on the board and to hear information related to the mission and strategic plan for the college.
Alumni Association: The Alumni Association will hold a Homecoming program each fall to present awards. The new Board members and officers will begin their terms at the close of the Homecoming program.
To recognize alumni excellence, the Alumni Association each year shall present such awards as follows:
- Alumni Gold P: a certificate and gold P presented as a “Token of highest esteem in recognition of outstanding accomplishments in the chosen profession which reflect honor upon this College.”
- Mary F. Lehman Alumni Service Award: A certificate “presented, with deepest appreciation for a valued alumnus/na, in recognition of outstanding meritorious service rendered Presbyterian College and the Alumni Association.”
- Outstanding Young Alumnus/na Award: A certificate presented to an alumnus/na 38 years of age or younger “as a measure of pride and commendation for early competence within the chosen field of endeavor and exceptional promise of future achievement.”
- Dum Vivimus Servimus Award: A certificate presented to an alumnus/na “who exemplifies the meaning of the college motto ‘While we live, we serve.’” Given in recognition of outstanding service in the local church, civic organizations, non-profit agencies, and other activities involving service to the community.
- Honorary Alumnus/na Award: A certificate presented to a person who did not attend PC, but who has always treated PC like his/her alma mater and has brought honor to the college by doing so.
- Thomas Aurelius Stallworth ‘55 Alumni Award: A certificate presented to a PC Alumnus or alumna who was a Christian leader, has strong bold character, an individual of integrity, moral courage and values, and an individual who knows and demonstrates the true meaning of neighbor and friend
LOCAL ALUMNI CHAPTERS
The Alumni Association encourages establishment of local alumni chapters in those areas where sufficient interest and numbers of alumni are present.
Each chapter shall be closely affiliated with and supported by the Alumni Association, and shall have its own regularly elected officers and such committees as may be necessary to conduct its activities
Local alumni chapters shall meet on a regular schedule convenient for its constituency.
These By-Laws shall not be amended except by affirmative vote of two-thirds of the Presbyterian College Alumni Association Board of Directors present at a duly constituted meeting.