Students majoring in psychology are required to complete 40 hours, including
- PSYC 201, 205, 307, 316, and 440;
- STAT 320;
- three hours selected from PSYC 212, 213, or 214;
- three hours selected from PSYC 301, PSYC 310, or PSYC/SOC 312;
- four hours chosen from PSYC 318, 403, 406, or 407;
- and 12 additional hours in PSYC electives.
In addition, PSYC 444 and 448 are highly recommended for students who qualify.
The advisor will work closely with the student to plan a program consistent with career intentions. Several examples to consider are: Psychology, Student Services, Social Work, Speech Pathology, Public Relations and Advertising, Counseling, and Human Resources.