Bailey Hall dormitory, located on the West Plaza across from Jacobs Hall, was built in 1955. It was designed by Six Associates of Asheville, N.C., and built by W.E. Baker and Son of Whitmire. It is named after William J. Bailey of Clinton, husband of Florence Jacobs Bailey, the only daughter of college founder, William Plumer Jacobs. William became the president of M. S. Bailey and Son Bank upon the retirement of his father, M. S. Bailey. This three-story brick dormitory accommodates between 90 and 96 students. Over the years it has been used as both a men’s and women’s dorm. After the completion of Georgia Hall in 1968, it became a women’s dormitory for some time. Currently, it houses freshman men.