Built in 1958, Douglas House was dedicated in memory of Presbyterian College alumni killed in World War II and the Korean War. It was named for Dr. Davison M. Douglas, who served as PC’s president from 1911 to 1926. This building served as a student center that contained a canteen, lounges, a recreation room, post office, guidance center, and offices for publications and student organizations. In the 1970’s students took over a room on the second floor which they named “The Dirty Mind” and proclaimed it a coffee house. In 1980s there was a coffee house named the “Scottish Lair” in Douglas. Before the renovation of Springs Campus center, Douglas House was used for the offices of Student Life, as well as for art studios. Since 2009, it has been used exclusively for art studios.