Spencer Hall dormitory, built in 1912, was partially funded by Mrs. Cyrus McCormick of Chicago and Mrs. John Kennedy of New York at a total cost of $27,500. This three-story dormitory was constructed of pressed brick set in black painted cement and featured Indiana limestone trimmings. The entrance featured four large columns with Corinthian capitals (which were reused at the Harrington-Peachtree building entrance) and stone steps. Spencer’s 72 rooms were arranged in suites consisting of a bedroom and a study, connected by a bathroom with another study and bedroom.
The building was named after President Almon E. Spencer, president of the college from 1897-1904, a longtime professor and administrator who later served as PC’s interim president at least twice. The dormitory was demolished in 1993 to make room for the Harrington-Peachtree Center, which features a Wall of Spencer using bricks from the original building.