Location: Clinton, South Carolina
Job Description Summary:
Department of Campus Services
Under direct supervision of Maintenance Supervisor, to perform duties related to the repair, maintenance, operation, adjustment, and/or installation of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration equipment, and related electric, pneumatic control systems, piping, and building automation systems.
- Install, repair, adjust, service, and maintain electric or pneumatic control systems for heating ventilation, air conditioning, humidity, and laboratory equipment, including calibration of related instruments, gauges, and controls.
- Install, operate, service, and repair conventional mechanical refrigeration/air conditioning equipment, including ice cream and ice-making machines, standard refrigerators, and general-purpose air conditioning units.
- Repair, clean, adjust, and/or install oil and gas burners and auxiliary heating specialties other than high-pressure equipment.
- Conduct necessary tests of equipment to determine malfunctions or causes of breakdown; remove and replace faulty parts, subassemblies, and major components; re-test equipment with repaired components and make required adjustments and corrections.
- Recommend ordering of necessary parts and supplies for maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain air compressors, air dryers, and low voltage installations such as warning light systems.
- Instruct and advise users of proper operation of equipment.
- May be required to make emergency repairs at hours other than normally scheduled.
- May direct helpers and other tradesmen in performance of duties.
- Repair, operate, maintain hydronic systems such as boiler, chillers and pumps.
- Install additional electrical/plumbing components to improve performance or for adaptation to existing system(s).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Make adjustments to system operating and monitoring systems.
- Recommend seasonal settings for campus facilities to ensure occupant comfort and energy savings.
- Performs a variety of other skilled and unskilled tasks in support of the Campus Services department as needed.
- Technical/trade school graduation or equivalent apprenticeship.
- Three years’ experience at the journey level.
- Knowledge of heating, refrigeration/air conditioning equipment and/or pneumatic and electrical control systems as applicable to work specialty.
- Knowledge of all tools, materials, methods and hazards of the trade.
- Skill in the use of tools of the trade.
- Ability to perform delicate repairs.
- Knowledge of local and national fire underwriter’s codes as applicable to work performed.
- Sufficient strength and physical dexterity to perform duties and responsibilities of this job, including heavy lifting, climbing ladders, kneeling and/or standing for long periods of time in various weather conditions.
Required Education, Licensure, Certification, Registration, Or Other Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED and Valid South Carolina Driver’s License
Send a cover letter, résumé and list of three references including contact information to Presbyterian College Office of Human Resources, 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325 or email materials to email@example.com
Presbyterian College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College seeks to hire the most qualified candidate and does not discriminate against any legally protected class.