International Students Admissions Presbyterian College Clinton SC

You'll feel like you're home away from home at PC.

You must meet certain requirements to apply to Presbyterian College’s four-year degree program or to transfer to PC as an international student. Please do not attempt to apply for acceptance as an international student if you hold a U.S. passport (including dual citizenship), are a permanent resident of the U.S., or have applied for a Green Card to live in the U.S.



Please follow these steps when applying as a four-year degree-seeking international student:



Photocopy your passport for our records.


Request official translated transcripts from secondary/high school. We can accept copies of transcripts for your application review, but original transcripts are required for us to issue an I-20.


Provide proof of an English Language proficiency document including:

  • ACT 21 (English Subsection)
  • Duolingo 105
  • ELS/112
  • IELTS 6
  • SAT 510 (Evidence-Based Reading and Writing )
  • TOEFL 80/IBT (*The TOEFL institutional code for Presbyterian College is 5540.)


Application Deadlines

Your application will be considered at any time of the year you send it. We will strive to give you an admissions decision within two weeks of receiving your completed application. The two intakes, or entrance times, for all international students are Fall and Spring.

Applications are reviewed daily, and students are accepted for both intakes during any time of the year. If you are applying for the fall semester, you must submit your application by June 15. If you’re planning to enroll at PC for the spring semester, you must submit your application by November 1.

Your I-20 will be generated and mailed within two weeks of the date you pay your enrollment deposit.

Cost of Attendance for 2021 – 2022

*Itemized costs in US Dollars

Tuition $38,220
General Fee $2,210
Technology Fee $650
Room: Double $5,400
All-Access Meal Plan $5,700



*This cost is only for four-year degree-seeking international students or international students seeking to transfer to PC and complete their degree in the U.S.

These costs are divided into two semesters. Payment for the fall semester is due in mid-August, and payment for the spring semester is due in mid-December. Students and their benefactors may optionally begin a payment plan, which allows monthly installment payments. Acceptable methods of payment include check, cash, and credit card.

Additionally, a non-refundable escrow deposit is required of all incoming students in order to secure a space in the class as well as housing. This deposit will be credited to the student’s account upon graduation or official withdrawal.

Note: In order to receive a Form I-20 from Presbyterian College, international applicants must show proof of funds exceeding the cost of attending PC for an academic year.

English Proficiency Exempt List

American Samoa
Canada (residents of Quebec students must take the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE)
Grand Cayman
New Zealand
Sierra Leone
United Kingdom

Conditional Admission

Presbyterian College offers conditional acceptance to international applicants who have met the academic standards for admittance but who need to improve in the area of English language proficiency.

Applicants eligible for the conditional acceptance offer:

  •  Have taken a TOEFL test but have not earned a score equal to or above 80 IBT.
  •  Have taken a TOEFL test but not earned a score equal to or above 213 CBT.
  •  Have taken an IELTS test but have not earned a score equal to or above 6.0.
  •  Have not completed ELS level 112.
  •  Have not taken any language tests.

International applicants who have not met the language requirements can still receive Form I-20 with conditional acceptance.

Alternatively, applicants may complete their English language courses at another institution. Those students may need to secure a Form I-20 from the alternate language instruction provider.

PC offers three intensive English programs to immerse students in American culture and help to improve English skills. Students who are scheduled to take one of the programs before academic course work begins must arrive in time to take a placement exam. On-campus housing is provided to students enrolled in the programs. Contact the Office of International Programs at or 864.833.3777 for more information about these programs.

Applying for Your Visa

You can begin making arrangements to obtain a visa after you receive the appropriate form. Once admitted to PC, you will receive either a

  •  Form I-20 (for degree students on an F-1 student visa) or a
  •  Form DS-2019 (for exchange students on a J-1 exchange visitor visa)

Student (F-1) Visa – Application Checklist:

  • Signed and completed Form I-20 from PC, with pages intact
  • Official acceptance letter from PC. For example, you might explain that you have close family ties in your country, that you plan to return to work in your family business, that you plan to return to your professional career, etc.
  • Proof that you have sufficient financial resources to support your studies in the U.S., including the documents you submitted to PC with your application (Financial Statement for International Students, statements from your or your sponsor’s bank, etc.)
  • Visa fee (separate from the SEVIS I-901 fee). Check with the U.S. embassy or consulate in your area to find out the amount of this fee.
  • SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
  • Passport

Please visit the U.S. Department of State webpage for the most up-to-date information on student visa regulations.

Exchange Visitor (J-1) Visa – Application Checklist:

  • Signed and completed Form DS-2019, with pages intact. PC does not issue the Form DS-2019. You will receive this document from your sponsoring agency.
  • Documentation, such as a letter from your sponsoring agency or Presbyterian College, proving your status as an exchange visitor
  • Visa fee (separate from the SEVIS I-901 fee). Check with the U.S. embassy or consulate in your area to find out the amount of this fee.
  • SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt
  • Passport

Please visit the U.S. Department of State J-1 webpage for the most up-to-date information on exchange visitor visa regulations.

Students from Canada:

Canadian citizens do not need a visa. To enter the U.S. as a student, present the following documents to the immigration officer at the border:

  • Form I-20 or Form DS-2019
  • Proof of financial support
  • SEVIS I-901 fee payment receipt

DO NOT enter the U.S. on a visitor (tourist) visa.

\ \ }