What is the purpose of Giving Day?
Giving Day Purpose
Giving Day is a 24-hour campaign inspired by our Founder’s decision and dream to establish a College. In 1874, WPJ knew that time, money, and community were needed to accomplish his goal. This is still true today, and the PC Community is inspired to join together to ensure the future of our beloved institution. Students, Alumni, Faculty, Staff, and Friends, join together on May 26th as one family!
“I have at last set my heart on a plan, the complete fulfillment of which I desire to commemorate my twentieth anniversary at Clinton. It is nothing more nor less than the establishment of a College at Clinton. It will take a vast outlay of time and money, but it can be done, and, God willing, it shall be done. I have been thus explicit because I have hereby resolved to establish a college in the town of Clinton.”
– WILLIAM PLUMER JACOBS, 1874
This year, we are thrilled to use the Give Campus platform to track the campaign in real-time! To participate as a Giving DayAdvocate, you will need to create a Give Campus account!
Don’t worry, it’s easy, just follow the steps below!
Become a Social Media Advocate
Why are Advocates important to Giving Day?
We know that we are stronger and better together – and when our fellow Blue Hose share news and inspiring stories with their personal networks – we know we will be successful in reaching our goals!
Creating Your Give Campus Account
- Create your Give Campus profile by clicking here (we recommend “Signing Up with Facebook): https://www.givecampus.com/sign_up
- The Giving Day page will be live on 5/25/2023
Finding your Personalized Advocacy Link & Making a Gift on Give Campus:
- To find your link, navigate to the campaign dashboard. On the top right of the screen (next to the campaign video) you will see four buttons:
- Give Now: Click here to make your Giving Day gift! As an Advocate, it is always good to make your gift before asking someone else to make a gift.
- Click the “Copy to Share” button to copy your unique link and paste it into a social media post or to text/email it to friends and family.
- Click the Facebook Share button to share to Facebook.
- Click the Tweet Share button to share to Twitter.
Tips & Tricks:
- Use the official Giving Day hashtags #BlueHoseGive and #WhileWeLiveWeGive in your posts.
- Share the link to the Giving Day Website
- The easiest way to show your support (and fastest!) is to like, comment, and share posts from our official PC social media accounts. Make sure you are following them today!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a good story! Sharing your personal PC story about why PC matters to you is an extremely effective way to communicate and connect with others.
- Take a selfie video and share it on social media!
- “Hey, Blue Hose! My name is ________ !Today is PC’s 5th Annual Giving Day, and we need your help to reach our goal! I am giving to ________ because ________. Any amount counts – it’s participation that makes us successful!
- Use emojis to add a fun flair to your post. Our favorites are:💙 ⚔️. 🧦
"I Gave!" - Social Graphics
Share these graphics on social media and tag Presbyterian College with #BlueHoseGive and #WhileWeLiveWeGive to show up on our social media channels! Don’t forget to use emojis to add a fun flair to your post. Our favorites are:💙 ⚔️. 🧦
Facebook Post »
Facebook Story »
Instagram Post »
Instagram Story »
Desktop: Click the link, right-click on the image, and “save image as”
Phone: Hold the hyperlink down until a small menu pops up, click “Open in New Tab.” Hold down the image and click “Save to Photo Library.”
How Do I Make A Gift?
To donate during giving day, please visit Giving Day 2023 on May 25. You may also call a member of the Advancement staff if you would prefer to make a gift over the phone starting at 8 a.m.
Where Should I Designate My Gift?
During the day of giving, we will have multiple challenges that will support different funds. More information will be released as the date approaches or on the day. The Annual Fund is a great way to support PC but our ultimate goal is to increase support both in dollar amount raised and giving percentage.
Questions About The Day
Contact Amanda Dowdle, Director of Annual Giving