Springs Student & Fitness Center
Springs Student & Fitness Center
Join us in Springs Student Center! Springs Student Center is home to the Fitness Center, Scotsman’s Corner, Moe’s, the POD with Starbucks coffee, Boar’s Head Deli, basketball court, and game rooms. If you’re looking for a place to relax with friends, get a cup of coffee, or pick up a new PC t-shirt; Springs Student Center is the place to be! Equipment is available for each of our offerings; all you need is your PC ID card. Springs Student Center also provides employment opportunities for many students looking to gain valuable work experiences and earn a little extra cash.
Hours of Operation
Springs Student Center
Summer Hours – Effective through August 17th
Monday – Friday: 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Everyone must reserve their time through the BlueHose App or IMLeagues.com. You must sign-up/log in with PC information & verify your account. Sign-up begins 25 hours before the scheduled time.
Fitness equipment and resources include Basketball Court, Full Cardio Suite, Dumbbells, Selectorized Strength Equipment, Kettlebells, Battle Ropes and Resistance Bands, Dumbbells, Slam Balls from Kettlebell Kings & Living. Fit, and more.
Monday – Friday: 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
PC Mail Center
Monday – Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
PC Mail Center »
Moved to Laurens Hall
For Springs Food Court information and hours visit www.presby.edu/dining
*Please note that Springs Student and Fitness Center and the Food Court will be closed on all College observed holidays. Hours are subject to change.
- All patrons must reserve their time through the BlueHose App (Apple App Store | Google Play) or IMLeagues.com (must sign-up/log in with PC information & verify account).
- Sign-up begins 25 hours before the scheduled time.
- All patrons must check in with the staff on the 2nd floor. No direct access to the 3rd floor.
- All patrons must be prepared to show their PC ID. Failure to follow staff directions may result in loss of access.
FACILITY USAGES GUIDELINES AND POLICIES
All staff members are responsible for enforcing and following all facility policies at all times. These policies are in place to protect and keep patrons and staff safe regardless of circumstance. The guidelines include but are not limited to:
- Reserve Time – Use the BLUEHOSE app or log onto IMLeagues.com to reserve your workout spot
- Access – Only PC Students, Faculty & Staff have access to use the Fitness Center
- Dress Code – Shirts must be worn to limit skin exposure to equipment, and closed-toe, non-marking shoes must be worn to avoid scuff marks
- Check-In – All patrons must check-in w/staff on 2nd floor
- Show ID – All patrons must be prepared to show PC ID upon request
- PC IDs are not transferable for use by others
- Be Respectful – Be respectful & Courteous to others around you
- Music – Play at a reasonable volume. Be respectful of others, no gratuitous cursing or demeaning music. Should not be heard outside of workout area
- Share Space – During peak hours, allow others to work between sets
- Be Organized – Rerack weights when finished with them
- Clean – Sanitize the equipment before and after use w/wipes provided around you
- No Reckless Maneuvers – Equipment is to be used in the manner it was designed. Use clips & collars on all barbell exercises
- Protect the Equipment – Weights & Dumbbells are not to be placed on benches
- Lift within Your Limits – All patrons should lift w/in their limits
- Food & Drink – No food or open drink containers are allowed in the Fitness Center or basketball court
** Follow all Staff directions & instructions. Be respectful to staff. Failure to do so may result in loss of access privileges. Recreation Staff reserves the right to modify any programs or procedures which may result in personal injury or damage to the equipment **
BASKETBALL COURT POLICIES
- Reserve the Space on IMLEAGUES/BLUEHOSE APP: In order to shootaround, time must be reserved through the app. Users may reserve two one-hour blocks if they so choose.
- Basketball + Volleyball Max Capacity = 14 people max (6 individuals shooting baskets; 3 per basket + 8 individuals passing volleyball; 4 each side of the net)
- Shirts Required: All participants must be wearing shirts while playing in Springs Gym.
- No shirts vs skins games. If you want to play shirts vs skins, there are outdoor courts adjacent to the IM Sports Field.
- Strongly Encouraged to Bring Own Equipment: Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own equipment to the gym. We will have old basketballs available for checkout. The balls checked out will be cleaned after each session.
- No Food or Drink Permitted – Participants may not bring food or open drink containers into the Court area. Only water bottles, hydro flasks, and Gatorade/Powerade bottles are allowed.
- Don’t Touch the Volleyball Net: Users are NOT to put up nor take down the volleyball net. There are designated times that the net will be up, and can be done upon request if there isn’t a group on the court.
- The equipment should never be seen laying on the floor surface. This will result in disciplinary actions to the participants responsible