Degree Works

Degree Works is a Web-based tool that allows students and advisors to perform instantaneous tracking of progress towards degree completion, perform “what if” scenarios with proposed changes/additions/deletions to programs of study, and develop academic plans for the future.

Students and advisors are able to see at any time what course requirements for a degree have been met and which ones still remain. The degree worksheets are available to all students, so coursework for the degree can be planned from the first semester right up to the last semester and graduation.

Students should remember that they are ultimately responsible for knowing and satisfying all of the requirements for a degree. Degree Works provides the tools to make this process easier.

BannerWeb Tutorial»

How Do I Access Degree Works?

1. Log in to BannerWeb
2. At the top of the page you will see a row of tabs. Select the one that says, Student
3. Click on the Degree Works link

What Does It All Mean?

Degree Works looks at the program requirements of the Presbyterian College catalog and the coursework you have completed to produce an easy-to-read audit. When you log into Degree Works, the degree worksheet will be the first thing you see.

The worksheet is divided into block requirements of how courses were taken or proposed count toward
program requirements. Checkboxes exist within each block to easily outline completed course work as well as those registered for the current and any future terms. You will also find your cumulative GPA, block GPA (General Education, Major, Minor, Concentration), and the courses you still need to earn your degree.

Using What-If

The What-If feature allows you to change your major or minor hypothetically. To use this feature:

1. Click on the What-If tab.
2. Choose a degree type from the first drop-down menu.
3. Choose the appropriate catalog year from the second drop-down menu.
4. Select the major, minor, and/or concentration you desire.
5. Click the “Process What-If” button and you will be transferred to a worksheet that displays your progress according to the hypothetical information you selected.

The GPA Calculator

This Degree Works feature has three different types of GPA calculators: graduation, term, and advice. To use this tab, simply fill in the information the calculator asks for and then press the “Calculate” button.


Who can see my Degree Works account?

Like other processes you use through BannerWeb, Degree Works is accessed through your secure login. Your advisor, department chair, and authorized staff will also be able to view the information contained in Degree Works.

How current will my information be on Degree Works?

The information in Degree Works is refreshed each night. Any changes made today (e.g., grade changes or classes added/dropped) will be seen in Degree Works tomorrow.

Can I register for classes in Degree Works?

No. Degree Works is a snapshot of courses in-progress, planned, and in your academic history. Registration, including prerequisite checks, will continue to be handled separately through Banner Web.

Can I declare a major through Degree Works?

No. To declare a major you must fill out the appropriate forms which can be found on the Registrar’s web page.

Are my grades visible in Degree Works?

Yes. Once final grades have been processed at the end of the term, they are viewable in Degree Works. Courses in progress for which you have registered for future terms are listed with a grade of “N/A.”

I’m graduating in May, why does the progress bar only say 98%?

98% is the goal for your last semester at PC. Until all courses are completed and graded, 100% isn’t a possibility. If you are planning on graduating and you see another percentage (even 97 or 99%), please contact the Registrar’s Office so we can investigate.

Will seniors continue to receive paper audits from the Registrar’s Office?

No. Degree Works will provide instantaneous, on-demand audits of all degree requirements so manual audits will no longer be necessary.

What if there is an error?

Contact the Registrar’s Office with information about what requirement should be met and how. Please be as specific as possible and include the course number, name, and semester completed. If a course substitution has been authorized by the department, you will need to ask your academic advisor to forward the appropriate permissions.