Bill Loeble ’65 and his wife, Diane, advance to the Society of 1880 in recognition of their generous support of the College. The Loebles have been part of many important projects on the campus, including the renovation and expansion of Thomason Library and the Neville Renewed Campaign. PC named the history department wing in honor of the Loebles.
The Loebles have contributed to the Scotsman Club and PC Fund consistently over the years. In 2010, Bill and Diane established the William D. Loeble, Jr. Scholarship, which provides scholarships to chemistry majors. The Loebles are also founding donors to the School of Pharmacy.
Bill earned a degree in chemistry from PC two years before earning a master’s degree in chemistry from the University of South Carolina in 1967. Bill served on the Board of Trustees from 2010 to 2018. In 2018, the Presbyterian College Alumni Association was proud to present Bill with the Dum Vivimus Servimus Award for his service not only to the College, but his overall service to his fellow man.