First-Generation College Graduate Gives Back

Second-generation American Nicholas Quatraro ’20 was also a first-generation college student while at PC.

I had no idea what to expect with college or the admissions process,” Quatraro said. “I knew that I wanted to explore smaller options.”

Quatraro realized PC was the “perfect size” for him the first time he visited campus. 

“I was able to have a sit-down conversation with professors about the education and attention each student receives because of the small class sizes,” he said.

The Florida native decided in high school he wanted to become an attorney. Quatraro says that PC prepared him with a solid foundation for the study of law. He begins law school at the University of South Carolina this fall. 

“The political science department and the pre-law minor prepared me beyond expectation with both LSAT preparation and foundational classes that will put me ahead of the curve during my first year of law school,” Quatraro said.

He realizes the generosity of donors has made college and law school a reality for him. 

Coming from a lower income household, college is a luxury that we always felt was outside of our financial capabilities,” Quatraro said. “Without the generosity of PC alumni and donors, I would not have been able to attend the college I consider a second home, would have never built lifelong friendships, and would not have the ability to go to law school.”

Quatraro didn’t wait long to begin giving back to his alma mater. He earned his degree from PC on May 9 and made a gift to PC on Giving Day 11 days later.

“My time at PC was so influential in shaping who I am today and who I will become later on in life,” he said.

“Giving to the place that gave me so much is extremely important, so future students, including my sister, who is a rising sophomore at PC, will be able to have a similar experience inside and outside of the classroom.” 

You can also give back to PC and help future PC students succeed and flourish by going to presby.edu/giving/give-now and making a gift today. For any questions or to give by phone contact Amanda Dowdle ‘14 in the Office of Advancement at 864.833.8228