The Presbyterian College football team’s matchup with The Citadel, originally scheduled for Saturday in Charleston, S.C., has been moved to Clinton, S.C. due to the impending threat of Hurricane Irma. Kickoff is now slated for noon at Bailey Memorial Stadium in Clinton, S.C.
The relocation of the game gives PC eight home games for 2017 and extends the upcoming home stand to seven straight for the Blue Hose. It will be the first meeting between the two teams in Clinton since 1937.
Tickets purchased for the game will be honored on Saturday at PC. Fans who previously purchased tickets to the PC-Citadel game through Presbyterian College will be issued a refund. For PC season ticket holders, tickets can be picked up at the designated tent in front of Bailey Memorial Stadium on Saturday.
Single game tickets will be available on the day of the game for $10 for adults and $5 for kids. Parking is free. Donations for hurricane relief will also be collected at the gate. All proceeds from Saturday’s game will be donated to the Red Cross.
Who: Presbyterian College vs. The Citadel
When: Saturday, September 9 at noon
Where: Bailey Memorial Stadium | Presbyterian College
Watch: Big South Network
Listen: Sunny 103.5 FM / Fox Sports 1400 AM / WPCC 1410 AM (Ryan Clary, John Orcs)
Live Stats: GoBlueHose.com
Social Media: @BlueHoseFtball (Twitter/Instagram) / @BlueHoseSports
Tickets: $10 for adults / $5 for kids
- This will be the first meeting between the two teams in Clinton since 1937.
- The Bulldogs hold a sizeable advantage in the all-time series winning the last 11 meetings.
- The last PC victory in the series came in 1979, a 21-13 win in Charleston.
- The two first met in 1915 and played with regularity until the late 80s.
- PC and The Citadel have competed 62 times on the gridiron but just twice since the Blue Hose moved to Division I, with both recent matches having taken place in Charleston.
Good to be Home
- PC is now slated to play eight home games in 2017, the most ever in the program’s history. The home-heavy schedule follows the 2016 season in which PC played just four home games.
- The slate includes a seven-game homestand with the first six matches played on consecutive weeks, beginning Sept. 9 against the Citadel.
- PC’s open date comes on Oct. 21 before capping off the homestand against Big South foe Kennesaw State on Oct. 28.
- The Blue Hose were scheduled to open the season with a pair of road games in the Carolinas. They made a trip to Wake Forest and were to have traveled to The Citadel on Sept. 9.
- Due to the schedule change, PC will go 65 days between road games (Aug. 31 – Nov. 4).
- PC will play only two games outside the Carolinas, traveling to Monmouth on Nov. 4 and Liberty on Nov. 11.