The Newest Blue Hose Arrive on Campus

The Newest Blue Hose Arrive on Campus

More than 750 of the newest Blue Hose and their guests recently visited campus for New Student Orientation. The event was held on June 23, June 24, and July 1.

“New Student Orientation was an invaluable experience for me as an incoming freshman,” said Celine Thompson, from Greer, S.C. “I was able to really feel the close-knit community that PC is so famous for.”

Preparing for the Fall Semester
Students and their guests took part in sessions throughout the day. After the welcome session in Belk Auditorium, attendees learned about PC’s majors, minors, and pre-professional programs in Belk Auditorium, Neville Hall, and the Harrington-Peachtree Amphitheater.

Students joined their orientation groups and met fellow students while parents and guests attended a session to learn how to support their students.

“My favorite part of New Student Orientation was exploring the campus with our orientation groups,” Thompson said. “This allowed me insight into the lives of current PC students as well as my own incoming freshman class.”

Becoming a Blue Hose
Freshmen and transfers saw first-hand where they will live their first year by touring Belk, Clinton, Georgia, and Smyth halls. During the Campus Fair, offices across campus shared important reminders about preparing for the fall.

“The Campus Fair is a great opportunity for students to make new friends and for guests to speak to representatives from various offices,” said Carson Drake, the assistant director of student involvement.

“It’s also a fun way to wrap up the day!”

Choosing PC
Thompson, who’s majoring in biology with an emphasis in pre-pharmacy, said New Student Orientation helped prepare her for the fall.

“I got to make a few friends, become acquainted with members of staff, and have personal connections with professors that would eventually become my mentors,” she said.

“I chose PC primarily for the amazing opportunity with the early-entry pharmacy program. However, I fell in love with PC for its familial community, progressive research opportunities, and friendly faculty and staff.”

What’s Next? 
New students move on campus on Saturday, August 20, and classes begin on Wednesday, August 24.