Your Health Your Way
Your Health Your Way Events
PC Employee Wellness is a program designed to support a healthy lifestyle and includes an annual health screening and additional health promotions and resources.
In 2019, the PC Employee Wellness Program partnered with TotalWellness (Beata) to support each employee’s goals for health and wellness.
Benefits of participation include:
- Increasing your health awareness
- Improving your overall physical and mental health
- Earning prizes
Coming Soon! 2023 Employee Wellness Program
2022 Employee Wellness Program Overview
CLOSED for 2022
Schedule an employee wellness screening appointment for March 3/3, 3/8, 3/9, or 3/10 from 7:30 am-9:45 am, AND complete your consent form and questionnaire.
Please view the 2022 PC Employee Wellness FAQ document for screening details (e.g., labs, health tests). An alternative option is to schedule and complete a wellness appointment with your primary care provider.
CLOSED for 2022
Complete your wellness screening at PCSP Wellness Center as scheduled above or through your primary care provider. (+30 wellness points)
Earn wellness points between 01/01/22 – 12/31/22 for doing healthy things to improve your physical and mental health.
- Login to your secure wellness portal to:
- Take advantage of health resources (e.g. wellness tips, recipes, health coaching) within your portal and identify ways to earn wellness points.
- View your health screening results
- Earn wellness points- completing your online health assessment and screening gives you 40 points. Elective options for earning additional wellness points are listed in your wellness portal. The options are updated monthly and as health challenges or other health, promotions are created. Check back often for new ideas on ways to improve your health.
Win prizes and reward yourself for earning wellness points. Your Health, Your Way!
- Quarter 1 Drawing: April 1st (eligible if have earned 50+ points)
- Quarter 2 Drawing: July 1st (eligible if have earned 100+ points)
- Quarter 3 Drawing: October 1st (eligible if have earned 150+ points)
- Quarter 4 Drawing: January 1st (eligible if have earned 200+ points)
As part of Your Health, Your Way, winners will pick an online prize related to health and wellness that they value the most from the vendors listed below up to the amount indicated.
- Academy Sports
- Dick’s Sporting Goods
- Scotsman’s Corner
Lab work and health screening assessments will be conducted on 3/3, 3/8, 3/9 and 3/10 from 7:30am – 9:45am. Additional date(s) may be added if needed.
Please note that the screening component of the employee wellness program will be optional this year due to COVID. The process of lab work and health screening normally takes 15-20 minutes but may take longer.
You will be notified after your results have been received and uploaded into your secure health portal. The labs and health screening will be conducted at
Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy (PCSP) Wellness Center at
307 N. Broad Street,
PCSP Wellness Center is located within the School of Pharmacy. You may park in the parking lot (Faculty & Patient Parking Lot) directly behind the school. There are marked spaces for patient parking, or you can park in any empty spot. Follow the signs to the Wellness Center. Please wear a mask as social distancing measures will be in place.
Eligible participants include:
- PC employees covered under Presbyterian College’s Group Health Insurance Plan
- Covered spouses and domestic partners of full-time employees enrolled in Presbyterian College’s Group Health Insurance Plan
- Full-time employees not covered under Presbyterian College’s Group Health Insurance Plan
- Annual health risk assessment(HRA) and screening
- Each employee will have access to their personal health and wellness portal through Beata Wellness
- Other health promotions and programs may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prediabetes and diabetes education
- Nutrition counseling
- Tobacco cessation services
- Medication therapy management services
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Weight monitoring
- Annual flu shot
- As a benefit to employees, Presbyterian College covers 100% of the cost of wellness program for full-time employees and their spouses enrolled in Presbyterian College’s Group Health Insurance Plan. Full-time employees not enrolled in Presbyterian College’s Group Health Insurance Plan may also participate in these services at no cost. Part-time employees and their spouses are not eligible to participate.
Presbyterian college Employee Wellness is a voluntary wellness program available to all employees.
For 2022, participation in the health screening component is optional due to COVID. The program is administered according to federal rules permitting employer-sponsored wellness programs that seek to improve employee health or prevent disease, including the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, as applicable, among others.
If you choose to participate in the wellness program you will be asked to complete a voluntary health risk assessment or “HRA” that asks a series of questions about your health-related activities and behaviors and whether you have or had certain medical conditions (e.g., cancer, diabetes, or heart disease). You will also be asked to complete a biometric screening, which may include the following blood tests as determined applicable: lipid panel, fasting blood glucose, hemoglobin A1c (if applicable), comprehensive metabolic panel, lipid panel, prostate-specific antigen (if applicable), and thyroid panel (if applicable).
Additionally, each employee participating will be expected to earn a minimum of 70 wellness points through participation in health-related activities.
For 2022, there is no penalty for not participating.
Yes. The lab work and health screening assessment must be completed during the annual wellness screening event, unless otherwise approved by Human Resources. The minimum number of wellness points must be earned by December 31st to qualify for the prize drawing.
PC Employee Wellness has partnered with TotalWellness (Beata) to support your goals for health and wellness by providing tools and resources. Each employee will be provided access to a private and confidential portal that contains personal health information, tools and resources, and opportunities for earning wellness points.
PC employees participate in the wellness program in order improve their health, maintain their health, learn more about their own health risks, and to take advantage of the program’s convenience in the workplace environment.
A covered spouse is highly encouraged to participate.
No, children are not currently eligible to complete the health screening and assessment.
You will complete the online health assessment and health screening at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy Wellness Center to help you identify opportunities for health improvement. Links to complete the assessment and to schedule a screening appointment can be found within your secure wellness portal or will be sent to you directly.
There is no penalty for not participating, but you are highly encouraged to participate in activities that have the potential to make you aware of health risks or improve your health whether affiliated with PC or outside of PC.
The health risk assessment is a personalized health questionnaire designed to provide information, resources, and motivation to improve your health and well-being.
You will be provided access to the health risk assessment through your personal health and wellness dashboard (Beata Wellness).
The health risk assessment asks a series of questions pertaining to your lifestyle, such as your level of physical activity, eating habits, and so on. Based on your results, the wellness program can help you explore ways to reduce your health risks and start making positive changes.
On average, you should be able to complete it in less than 10 minutes.
- Lab panel: FASTING (Fasting generally means nothing to eat or drink for the previous 9-12 hours. Water is encouraged the evening prior and morning of the blood draw.)
- Comprehensive metabolic profile
- Lipid profile
- Add-on TSH screening with reflex to free T4 (thyroid) if ages ≥ 35 and has been 5 years since last tested, unless otherwise specified/requested o Add-on A1C (if age 35 and older, with a diabetes risk score ≥ 4, or if diagnosed previously with prediabetes or diabetes), unless otherwise specified/requested
- Add-on PSA (blood test check for prostate cancer risk) for males ages ≥ 45 and 2 to 4 years since last test, unless otherwise specified/requested
- Blood pressure*
- Body Composition o Diabetes Risk Assessment
* Please wear clothing that allows access to bare upper arm for blood pressure assessment. Screening tests are not diagnostic and any areas of risk identified should be confirmed with your primary care physician.
An online link to schedule a screening appointment can be found within your secure wellness portal through Total Wellness.
The labs and health screening will be conducted at Presbyterian College School of Pharmacy (PCSP) Wellness Center at 307 N. Broad Street, Clinton, SC. PCSP Wellness Center is located within the School of Pharmacy. You may park in the parking lot (Faculty & Patient Parking Lot) directly behind the school. There are marked spaces for patient parking or you can park in any empty spot. Follow the signs to the Wellness Center.
Why do I have to have my blood drawn?
Results from your health screening and labs will be uploaded into your personal, secure wellness portal. Whether or not a health risk is identified in the lab work or screenings, you are always encouraged to share your results with your primary care provider.
Knowledge is power. If a risk is identified in your online health assessment or screening, you’ll have valuable information you need to improve your health. Prevention and early diagnosis are keys to building a plan for a long and healthy life. Although we will not be using your results to diagnose a problem, we encourage you to seek a follow-up with your primary care provider for further evaluation.
Yes. Your privacy is very important. In keeping with federal law, your individual health information is protected under HIPAA privacy regulations. The only people who will see your health information are health care providers involved in your care. It is always our goal to ensure any personal health information you share is kept completely private and confidential.
Will my PC Group Health Plan insurance be affected if my health screening results are not within normal “healthy ranges”?
No. Your screening tests and assessment results are your personal information. Only designated healthcare providers at Presbyterian College see your individual results.
To improve your health, we hope that you will share your results with your primary healthcare provider. The important thing is that you become aware of your health status and take steps in the right direction to stay healthy or improve your health.
Yes. Pregnant women can complete the health screening and assessment process. However, pregnancy may cause the results to be temporarily outside of normal limits. It is important to consult a health care provider before completing the screening process since fasting may not be recommended. Pregnant women may choose to defer this screening process until a later date without penalty. However, you must notify the PC Human Resources department of your decision to defer the screening and a timeframe for when you intend to complete the health screening process. Unless a request is made to the Human Resources Department for additional deferral, this process should be completed within 120 days post-delivery. A packet detailing instructions for completing this process should be requested from Human Resources by emailing email@example.com.
PCSP Wellness Center
307 N. Broad Street
Clinton, SC 29325
Phone: (864) 938-3930
Fax: (855) 861-6548
Director: Tiffaney Threatt, PharmD, CDE, BC-ADM (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Contact Sandy Dowdle (email@example.com)
For questions related to your wellness portal (resetting username or password), please email TotalWellness (Beata) at firstname.lastname@example.org.