Degree Works is a Web-based tool that allows students and advisors to perform instantaneous tracking of progress towards degree completion, perform “what if” scenarios with proposed changes/additions/deletions to programs of study, and develop academic plans for the future.
Students and advisors are able to see at any time what course requirements for a degree have been met and which ones still remain. The degree worksheets are available to all students, so coursework for the degree can be planned from the first semester right up to the last semester and graduation.
Students should remember that they are ultimately responsible for knowing and satisfying all of the requirements for a degree. Degree Works provides the tools to make this process easier.
How Do I Access Degree Works?
1. Login to BannerWeb
2. At the top of the page you will see a row of tabs. Select the one that says, Student
3. Click on the Degree Works link
What Does It All Mean?
Degree Works looks at the program requirements of the Presbyterian College catalog and the coursework you have completed to produce an easy-to-read audit. When you log into Degree Works, the degree worksheet will be the first thing you see.
The worksheet is divided into block requirements of how courses were taken or proposed count toward
program requirements. Checkboxes exist within each block to easily outline completed course work as well as those registered for the current and any future terms. You will also find your cumulative GPA, block GPA (General Education, Major, Minor, Concentration), and the courses you still need to earn your degree.
The What-If feature allows you to change your major or minor hypothetically. To use this feature:
1. Click on the What-If tab.
2. Choose a degree type from the first drop down menu.
3. Choose the appropriate catalog year from the second drop down menu.
4. Select the major, minor, and/or concentration you desire.
5. Click the “Process What-If” button and you will be transferred to a worksheet that displays your progress according to the hypothetical information you selected.
The GPA Calculator
This Degree Works feature has three different types of GPA calculators: graduation, term, and advice. To use this tab, simply fill in the information the calculator asks for and then press the “Calculate” button.