The McGills

The McGills

Martie and I met during the fall semester of my senior year through mutual friends. We quickly hit it off, became fast friends, and officially started dating in November of that year. Our days at PC were filled with lunch and dinner dates in Springs (at the newly renovated Moe’s!) and GDH, going to football games, walks around campus and the intramural fields, and at our favorite places to eat in Clinton (Japan and Dempsey’s!). I graduated in May 2017, and spent a year in China as an English teacher while Martie finished her senior year. We grew closer that year apart, and both returned to PC as staff members in 2018; I worked in the Office of International Programs and Martie worked in the Office of Religious Life and Service. We treasured that time working at our alma mater, and made new friends at PC. I proposed to Martie in December of 2019 at Brookgreen Gardens near Myrtle Beach, SC, and we got married in June 2020 (in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic!) We were still able to have some of our PC friends there, including my Bluehose parents and sister (John 1985, Angie 1986, and Caroline 2012). I am now a full time graduate student studying International Education Policy, and Martie is planning to start her graduate studies in Library Science. We are looking forward to all the adventures to come, and will be forever grateful that PC brought us together. Go Bluehose!

Caleb ’17 & Martie McGill ’18

Our Heart Our College Presbyterian College Clinton SC

< Back to Met & Married