Applying to the Education Program
All students who desire admission to the professional education certification program must complete an application for admission, meet the criteria for admission, and receive the approval of the Teacher Education Committee.
Criteria used in determining acceptance into the Teacher Education Program include:
- Completed Teacher Education Program application, including a successful South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) background check as required by the State Department of South Carolina
- Completion of 45 semester hours
- Cumulative 2.75/4.0 GPA (on all PC coursework and all coursework that counts towards graduation)
- Declared Major form on file with the registrar
- Completed TB Test Form (Must be completed within 90 days of student teaching)
- Passing scores on all sections of the Praxis Core examination, ACT or SAT South Carolina Exemption (scores are to be submitted with the Teacher Education Program Application).
- ACT = 22
- SAT I Verbal + Math + Writing = 1100
- Praxis CORE
- Reading = 156
- Writing = 158
- Math = 142
For further information, see the student handbook and/or contact Dr. Patti Jones at (864)-833-8369.