As a residential campus, Presbyterian College believes that living on campus provides essential opportunities for personal growth, development, and education. Residence Life is committed to maintaining an environment on campus that fosters a student’s intellectual pursuits as well as creates opportunities for social development and living-learning engagement.
All full-time PC students are required to live on campus unless they meet one of the following criteria:
- Residing with a parent or legal guardian at their primary place of residence within 40 miles driving distance of 503 S. Broad St., Clinton, SC 29325.
- The student must provide documentation that the address given is the bona fide primary place of residence of the parents or guardians. “Primary place of residence” is defined as the one place where an owner of the property has his/her true, fixed, and permanent home and it shall continue as a primary place of residence until another primary place of residence is established.
- If the parents or legal guardians rent, and otherwise do not own their primary place of residence, copies of leases reflecting the necessary continuous period of occupancy must be provided.
- Further documentation may be required at the discretion of the Residential Life staff.
- Legally married (must provide documentation).
- Parents of dependent children (must provide documentation).
- Age 25 or older during the academic year for which the exemption is requested
- Transferring to PC with an Associate’s Degree or greater and are at least two years post-graduation from high school.
- Medical or psychological conditions that cannot be accommodated by the College.